PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
1. An ordinary Belgian passport can only be issued when you are registered at the Consulate general of Belgium in Pretoria or Cape Town, or at another Belgian mission abroad. Every person, children from the age of 6 included, wishing to apply for a Belgian passport has to come IN PERSON.
2. Fingerprints (from 12 years old), “live” photograph (from 6 years old) and digital signature will be taken of every person applying for a Belgian passport. These can ONLY be taken at the Consulate general of Belgium in Pretoria or Cape Town.
3. Passport application forms are needed for adults and special forms are needed for minors.
4.1. Applications at the Consulate general in Pretoria will only be accepted in the afternoon between 13.30 and 15.30, Monday to Friday by appointment only. Please schedule an appointment (one for every person applying) by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
4.2. Applications at the Consulate general in Cape Town will only be accepted from 09.00 until 13:00, Monday to Friday by appointment. Please make an appointment per person applying via the following link : https://booknow.appointment-plus.com/7mqcxb38/
5. Please hand in one ID photograph (in color) for back-up.
6. No passport application will be accepted without presenting your proof of payment. DO NOT e-mail or fax your proof of payment, print it out and hand it in when applying for your passport.
7. Children under the age of 18 years old require a passport application form to be signed by BOTH legal parents.
8. Please bring your old passport with you.
NO PASSPORT APPLICATION WILL BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT SUBMITTING YOUR PROOF OF PAYMENT
PAYMENT WILL BE STRICTLY BY BANK TRANSFER
Please note: As a Belgian citizen it is your responsibility to manage your own travel documents, so please keep an eye on their expiry date.