Attribution of nationality: Belgian parent was born abroad
The Consulate general of Belgium wishes to remind you that, according to the Belgian Law, you have to sign an attribution of the Belgian Nationality before your child’s 5th birthday.
The following ORIGINAL documents, not older than 5 months, will have to be presented:
THESE DOCUMENTS HAVE TO BE BROUGH TO THE COMPETENT CONSULATE GENERAL AT LEAST ONE MONTH BEFORE THE CHILDS 5TH BIRTHDAY!!!!
- A fully detailed birth certificate (unabridged), legalised with the apostille, + sworn translation. ( For children born within wedlock)
- A Vault Copy of the registration of birth, legalised with the apostille, + sworn translation. (For children born out of wedlock)
- Vault Copy has to indicate that the father has acknowledged paternity and that the mother has authorized the father to acknowledge paternity.
WHERE TO OBTAIN AN APOSTILLE
Apostille in South Africa is issued by the following authority:
DEPARTMENT OF INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
CHIEF DIRECTORATE: CONSULAR SERVICES
LEGALISATION SECTION: NE2A – GROUND FLOOR
460 Southpansberg Road
- We do NOT require a sworn translation of the apostille (only from the original certificate).
- The signature of a Commissioner of Oath, Notary Public or any court official will require an apostille from the Registrar of the High Court within the jurisdiction of that official.
LIST OF OUR SWORN TRANSLATORS
Please visit following page